The aim of MERGA is to promote quality mathematics education at all levels, particularly in Australasia, through:
- Encouraging and promoting quality research in mathematics education;
- Disseminating information on recent mathematics education research and teaching developments;
- Seeking to influence decision makers at all levels to take account of research findings in mathematics education;
- Providing means for members to communicate with each other on matters concerning mathematics education; and
- Maintaining liaison with other organisations with interests in mathematics education or educational research.
The following policy documents relate to life membership, research, privacy, ethics, and climate change and sustainability.
MERGA Life Membership Policy
MERGA Research Policy
MERGA Ethics Policy
MERGA Climate Change and Sustainability Responsiveness Policy